NHLA Anounces New Executive Committee
Coalition hopes to continue to highlight policy priorities to both Presidential candidates
WASHINGTON, DC –The National Hispanic Leadership Agenda (NHLA), a coalition of the 30 leading Hispanic organizations in the United States, announced the results of its bi-annual election of officers. The elected leadership of the coalition now includes:
- Chair | Hector Sanchez – Labor Council for Latin American Advancement (LCLAA)
- Vice Chair | Brent Wilkes – League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC)
- Secretary | Jessica Gonzalez – National Hispanic Media Coalition (NHMC)
- Treasurer | Al Zapanta – United States-Mexico Chamber of Commerce (USMCOC)
- At-Large Member | Juan Andrade – United States Hispanic Leadership Institute (USHLI)
- At-Large Member | Yanira Cruz – National Hispanic Council on Aging (NHCOA)
- At-Large Member | Thomas Saenz – Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund (MALDEF)
NHLA’s Executive Committee released the following brief statement:
“As the Executive Committee we are excited and eager to work together on behalf of the coalition at this critical moment in US electoral politics. Our goal is to advance a proactive agenda that represents the policy priorities of the communities that we represent. Latinos are the fastest growing demographic group in the country in economic purchasing power, electoral participation, the labor force, and population. Hispanics are invested in ensuring a better life for their families, their communities, and the nation as a whole. NHLA is here to amplify those aspirations and see to it that those desires materialize into supportive policy and legislation."
Established in 1991, The National Hispanic Leadership Agenda (NHLA) brings together Hispanic leaders to establish policy priorities that address, and raise public awareness of the major issues affecting the Latino community and the nation as a whole. For more information, please visit www.nationalhispanicleadership.org.